I really feel I have failed myself the past couple of weeks, I don’t feel so pleased with myself right at this very moment. Since losing 3lbs over the past month I feel that the last two weeks I have really gone off track. Movement has been pretty much none existent and eating healthy has gone out the window.
Here is where I feel I have gone wrong-
1. Snacking to much – This tends to happen mainly at work. Boredom and work colleagues do not help with the food cravings when a constant array of junk food is brought into the office and put under my nose, it’s so hard to resist.
2. Will power – I have no will power at the moment to say no I can’t have that it’s not good for you. Instead I am in the habit of “Oh I will have it just this once, one small treat won’t hurt and the diet can start again tomorrow” unfortunately that happens near on a daily occurrence.
3. Not sticking to plans – I have this plan at the start of the week that I will get home from work and move around more. I will get out and do some exercise even if it’s only a 30 minute walk or maybe even stretches at home. When I get home I then just tend to have a bath then lounge around in bed.
4. Not helping myself – This is my big downfall, I want to reach my goals and I know the way I am not is having a really bad effect on my health at the moment but I still carry on doing bad things. Maybe I do not have it in me to do it, but deep down I know I do, I just do not know why I cannot stick to things or achieve my goals.
Here is what I feel I need to do in order to make improvements.
1. Stop indulging when there isn’t any need to – Yes a little treat every now and again isn’t bad for you. Me on the other hand I need to stop letting myself indulge in junk food when I know it isn’t good for me. I need to get more will power to say no.
2. I need to exercise – This is a big one for me. At the moment when I try to exercise it hurts and I feel I cannot breath, this is what stops me from doing it. I get put off by the pain when really I know that if I push through it and carry on the pain will eventually subside and I will get better at it. I definitely need to get more physically active.
3. Health – I really need to take control of my health. I am having liver problems at the moment, probably down to my rapid weight gain and unhealthy lifestyle. I am sat around waiting for doctor’s appointments at things but maybe I need to take matters into my own hands to sort out my health issues. I need to be more forward and chase things in terms of appointments instead of been so timid and waiting weeks and weeks to be seen.
4. Confidence – Overall I need to improve my overall confidence and tell myself I can do it and I will get there, instead of been so negative and feeling I will never be able to do it. I need to try new activities and new food.
My weight loss goal is 4 stone, I really want to get back down to 9 stone. Get a flatter stomach and drop a couple of dress sizes. Overall I just want to be healthier; to be able to have the energy to go out and do things in life and enjoy life, that is my goal.